New Public Art Piece Unveiled at Mississauga Celebration Square
Mississauga Celebration Square is home to the City's newest public art installation entitled The Book by Ilan Sandler.
The piece was officially unveiled during a media photo opportunity on Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
The Book was formally acquired as part of the City's Public Art Collection in December 2014.
The sculpture was originally commissioned by the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) and Hillside Media Communications, Ltd., with the intention of gifting it to the appropriate organization.
Ward 6 Councillor Ron Starr, Mayor Bonnie Crombie, artist Ilan Sandler, Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac and Howard Eng, President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority.
- Something Unique is About to be Unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New physical distancing circles unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Something Very Unique is Coming to Celebration Square
- City of Mississauga To Host Tribute to Councillor Jim Tovey
- Top 5 Public Art Pieces in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga