New Public Art Piece Unveiled at Mississauga Celebration Square
Mississauga Celebration Square is home to the City's newest public art installation entitled The Book by Ilan Sandler.
The piece was officially unveiled during a media photo opportunity on Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
The Book was formally acquired as part of the City's Public Art Collection in December 2014.
The sculpture was originally commissioned by the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) and Hillside Media Communications, Ltd., with the intention of gifting it to the appropriate organization.
Ward 6 Councillor Ron Starr, Mayor Bonnie Crombie, artist Ilan Sandler, Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac and Howard Eng, President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority.
- Something Unique is About to be Unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New physical distancing circles unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Top 5 Public Art Pieces in Mississauga
- City of Mississauga To Host Tribute to Councillor Jim Tovey
- Mississauga Councillors Appoints Former Councillor in Ward 1
- UPDATED: Pair of bears on the loose in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 30
- Peel not in second wave but situation can change "at any moment": Mayor Crombie