New Public Art Piece Unveiled at Mississauga Celebration Square
Mississauga Celebration Square is home to the City's newest public art installation entitled The Book by Ilan Sandler.
The piece was officially unveiled during a media photo opportunity on Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
The Book was formally acquired as part of the City's Public Art Collection in December 2014.
The sculpture was originally commissioned by the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) and Hillside Media Communications, Ltd., with the intention of gifting it to the appropriate organization.
Ward 6 Councillor Ron Starr, Mayor Bonnie Crombie, artist Ilan Sandler, Ward 4 Councillor John Kovac and Howard Eng, President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Something Unique is About to be Unveiled at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Mississauga Councillors Appoints Former Councillor in Ward 1
- Top 5 Public Art Pieces in Mississauga
- City of Mississauga To Host Tribute to Councillor Jim Tovey
- BREAKING: Bonnie Crombie Wins Second Term as Mayor of Mississauga