New, plant-based turkey alternative arrives just in time for Thanksgiving
While Thanksgiving is a holiday many Canadians look forward to with fondness, those who don't eat meat might have trepidation due to the fact the featured item--the turkey--isn't something they eat.
Fortunately, this year, Canadian Plant-Based Leader, Sol Cuisine, announced a meatless alternative that doesn't sacrifice flavour.
Turk’y Roast with traditional holiday stuffing and homestyle gravy offers an alternative for those who don't eat meat, or those who just want to incorporate more plant-based food choices into this festive season.
“This product is truly incredible,” John Flanagan, CEO of Sol Cuisine, said in a news release.
“It’s a great tasting, healthy alternative that is easy to prepare and serve. Packed with real ingredients like cranberries, onions, and celery, you can trust that this delicious plant-based roast will be a welcome addition to your feast," he continued.
The Turk’y Roast, which serves six, is available for a limited time at various retailers across Canada, including Sobeys, Loblaws, Metro, Superstore, Safeway, Choices, and Provigo.
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton
- $100,000 prize for Brampton winner of Big Brother Canada