New pet-friendly hotel now open in Mississauga
You might not be travelling too far this summer, but you still might be happy to hear that you can enjoy a staycation at a brand new eco- and pet-friendly hotel near Pearson Airport in Mississauga.
The Element by Westin Toronto Airport hotel, which offers an indoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary airport shuttle, patio area for BBQs (ideal at a time when indoor dining is not yet permitted by the province), is a dual-branded property that shares one building with the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport.
The hotel officially opened its doors on June 24 and hosted a virtual grand opening party to celebrate.
According to Marriott, which operates the hotel, the new property is the closest extended stay hotel to the airport. ?
As far as the eco-friendly designation goes, the hotel's website says the property utilizes a number of sustainable practices such as water filtration systems, shareable bikes and electric car charging stations.
The extended-stay studios include full kitchens with stovetops, dishwashers and coffee makers.
The hotel is also offering discount rates for first responders, military personnel and healthcare workers (employment ID is required upon check-in).
Photo courtesy of Element Toronto Airport’s Facebook page
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot