New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
If you shop online at Costco.ca, you’ll soon have a new payment option at checkout.
Costco recently announced that they willbe partnering with Mastercard to make Masterpass available at Costco.ca for Canadian shoppers.
Several online retailers have already started using the “digital wallet,” such as Air Canada, Joe Fresh, Pizza Pizza, Indigo, Landmark Cinemas, and London Drugs.
Costco.ca will be the newest of the bunch.
"Canadians are increasingly shopping online and expect an experience that is fast, convenient and secure," said Iain McLean, senior vice president, Canada market mevelopment at Mastercard. "With Masterpass available at Costco.ca, members get the checkout experience they have come to expect with Masterpass, plus the excellent offers available from Costco."
Mastercard was accepted exclusively as the only credit network at Costco Wholesale Canada's 97 warehouses back in 2014. Further, the Capital One Mastercard exists exclusively for Costco members. So, it’s no surprise that the two are fused together for yet another payment initiative.
This time, they’ve hit the digital sphere.
Masterpass, also known as the “digital wallet” eliminates the need for customers to type in their card number and shipping address when shopping online.
Instead, Masterpass stores customers’ payment information - that includes card details from both Mastercard and other payment networks, and shipping details - in one location.
All that shoppers need to do is sign up for a Masterpass account and click the Masterpass button at checkout on Costco.ca, or at any other online checkouts where the service is available.
A release date for the new feature has not yet been set.
- Costco limiting number of items customers can purchase at one time to prevent hoarding
- Costco launches same-day delivery service
- Costco Gives Priority Access to Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Starbucks shuts down two Brampton locations because of COVID-19