New Park Opens in Mississauga
If you want more green space, you are in luck -- Union Park is officially opening in the Meadowvale area and residents are invited to check out an official opening party on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The newly opened 1.5-hectare park is located at the northeast corner of Tenth Line W. and Aquitaine Avenue and functions as a multi-use outdoor space in the community.
The official opening will kick off at 11 a.m. and run until 2 p.m. The event, hosted by ward 9 Councillor Pat Saito, will begin with a ceremony, and after that, attendees can enjoy free BBQ and light refreshments. There will also be activities and games for children and sport demonstrations.
The first 500 visitors will get a souvenir Frisbee.
As for the park itself, it offers residents a new playground, a shade structure, walking paths, a dog run, two areas for natural ice rinks, a multi-sport court (including basketball nets), a water feature, adult exercise stations and a skate park.
In the winter, the park has a tobogganing area.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend