New owners of vacant Brampton property to go ahead with plan to build two condo towers
A vacant property in Brampton already approved as the future home of two condominiums has a new owner.
National Homes and partner Brixen Development acquired the 2.49-acre property located at 245 Steeles Ave. West, near Hurontario Street, from Sundial Homes for an undisclosed price in an off-market deal.
Plans to build two 25-storey condominiums had already been in place before the deal closed on May 14 and National Homes and Brixen plan to go ahead with the development.
The project, which still has to go through site approval, will include approximately 800 one-bedroom units, one-bedroom-plus-den, two-bedroom and two-bedroom-plus den units that will go from 500 to 750 square feet in approximate size.
The two buildings will also share a six-storey podium and underground and surface parking.
Construction could start as early as next summer and sales for the units, which has yet to be revealed, are expected to start this fall.
NATIONAL HOMES PHOTO
- One-bedroom apartments in Mississauga third most expensive on list of 35 Canadian cities
- Three-Bedroom Homes Are Officially Out of Reach For Huge Number of Mississauga Residents
- Hamilton vacant homes tax a step closer to reality
- New 400-unit condo and townhouse development under construction in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much Mississauga’s Most Affordable Homes Have Risen in Price
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga