New Openings: Snacks'n Chai Café
If you love chai also known as cooked milk tea, there's a new cafe that just opened its doors in Mississauga. The quick service cafe concept serves a variety of North American and Indian snacks and beverages and their tagline "where taste matters".
The space seats just over 45 people and is located in the same plaza as the movie theatres along Courtney Park Dr. close to Brampton's border.
Food Menu: The menu includes a soup of the day, chicken Caesar salad, European pastries and variety of snacks such as chicken samosa, pizza, french fries and cheese sticks. You will also find a number of sandwiches including chicken, egg salad, vegetarian, club and more. There are also chicken and beef burgers, bun kabab (lentil based patty seasoned with a number of spices) and sweet and savory paratha rolls (Indian flatbread). For dessert, they offer faluda (a popular fragrant cold beverage made with rose syrup, vermicelli, basil seeds, tapioca, gelatin in milk), assorted kulfi (popular frozen dessert made with dairy which is much creamier than ice cream), baked pudding and a brownie with ice cream.
Drink Menu: The drink menu includes a number of hot drinks including five variations of chai, coffee based beveraages and tea. The cold drinks include milkshakes in a variety of flavours such as cookies n cream, mango and mixed berries. You will also find sweet, salty or flavoured lassi (yogurt based drink blended with spices) in fruity or nutty flavours.
What’s Up and Coming: Menu changes.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga