New Openings: Polka Bistro Caffe
Polka Bistro Caffe is a Polish restaurant that opened up on the corner of Erindale Station Rd. and Dundas St. It took over the Erindale Family Restaurant.
The quick serve cafe offers traditional homemade Polish cuisine at very reasonable prices. The hot tray selection varies and they also offer daily specials. Today's soup special was beef tripe goulash.
The lunch combo includes a choice of protein, starch and three sides (as seen in photo above - chicken schnitzel, mushroom and cheese pierogies, red cabbage slaw, tomato and cucumber salad).
Food Menu: The Eastern European menu features pork and chicken schnitzels, cabbage rolls, pork hock, chicken and beef stew, ground pork, fish, pork shoulder, polish sausages, grilled pork chops, pierogies, dumplings, a variety of soups (mushroom, pickle, beet, sorrel, tomato, barley, chicken noodle, bean, pea), sandwiches, variety of desserts (Polish cakes, crepes with cream cheese and fruits).
Drink Menu: Domestic and imported beers, wines and other alcoholic beverages.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today