New Openings: Pepperwalk
Fusion restos have been the latest buzz in Mississauga, with a number of recent independent restaurants taking fusion to a new level. The types of cuisine vary, with some restos boasting Mediterranean or Chinese-based menus with North American, Latin or European influences.
Pepperwalk is new Asian fusion restaurant located in Heartland Town Centre and it calls itself "Mississauga's Halal fine dining". It's an open concept and modern restaurant featuring booth seating and tables for smaller parties. The tables are pre-set with glassware and cloth napkins. The walls are decorated with framed prints and pop music provides the ambient noise.
The space has been completely transformed from a breakfast and lunch franchise called Tutti Frutti and the difference is surreal.
The resto is more like a family restaurant than a fine dining one, with an extensive list of North American and South Asian dishes such as quesadillas, chicken wings, shrimp tempura, burgers, black angus fillet mignon, lobster, kebobs, beef, chicken and lamb tikka, curry dishes, sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, mocktails, fruit smoothies, milkshakes and desserts.
Type of Restaurant: Full service
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga