New Openings: On A Bun
On A Bun is popular local sandwich shop that’s known for making the best Italian sandwiches in Mississauga and they just opened another location in the west end of the city. The sandwiches are so good that just one bite one will have you craving for more!
On A Bun's story is one that will make any OG Sauga person and local supporter proud especially if you've witnessed the growth from their humble beginnings at their very first location to now.
Saugaboy Rocco Carone and his wife Rosa Carone opened the original location seven years ago situated in the same plaza as the legendary music studio Metalworks on Mavis and Burnhamthorpe. They now have a total of five locations and two of them are in Mississauga. The additional franchise locations all rolled out so quickly in just over a year. You will find them in Hamilton, Toronto and Oakville.
The chalkboard menu lists a wide variety of Italian sandwiches, including chicken, steak and onions, veal, meatball, sausage and onions, veggie, and eggplant parmesan - all made in-house based on Rocco’s mothers’ signature recipes. The most popular dishes are the veal and chicken sandwiches.
You may notice that the shop has rebranded and changed their logo. It's a sleeker version in line with their tagline fresh, simple, delicious.
On A Bun is listed as numero uno on insauga’s Top 5 Sandwiches.
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June