New Openings: Namaste Tandoori Fish and Chips
Namaste Tandoori Restaurant and Fish & Chips is a new quick service restaurant which offers affordable Indian and Canadian dishes. The unusual tongue twisting resto name (try saying it quickly ten times) is self explanatory - you'll find Indian dishes, fish and chips and more on the menu.
The small restaurant is predominantly set up as a takeout spot with a few tables to dine-in and a long wall bench to sit and wait for your takeout order. It took over the space of another restaurant called Red Orange Bistro about a week ago and it's located in a plaza on the corner of Creditview and Bristol. This is the second restaurant location - the first one is located in Georgetown.
You will find a fairly large halal menu for a takeout resto that includes a large variety of Indian dishes (tandoori, chicken curry, vegetable curry, lamb curry, noodle) along fish and chips (haddock or halibut) chicken fingers, butter chicken poutine, battered mushrooms and onion rings.
Butter Chicken Poutine
The Indian menu includes a variety of dishes such as samosa, pakora, kabab and tikka rolls, seafood masala, a variety of chicken dishes and lamb curry dishes (butter, karahi, tikka, kabab, palak, korma, vindaloo) and various vegetarian options (paneer, aaloo palak, chana masala, aaloo gobi, daal).
The new resto doesn't have set hours yet (I was told they can open anywhere between 10 am to 1 pm and close around 9 pm) - so call ahead for their hours if you plan to pop in.
Type of Restaurant: Quick service
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton