New Openings: Luxy Barbers
The old-school barber shop concept is making a comeback with the revitalization of this new-school "men's club" where men can get the same level of specialized services women have been getting for years.
The recent bearded lumberjack look and man-bun trend have created a demand for extra special services for our male counterparts and Luxy Barbers caters to that. This sibling-operated family business, run by Judi, Robbie and Sara Tarakji, has two locations in Mississauga. They just opened their second location in the Parkside Village area near Square One. They opened their first -- and, obviously, quite successful -- shop in Port Credit three and a half years ago.
Luxy is short for luxury and there is a heavy focus on customer service.
"Rather than have a place to just cut hair, it's a place that people can enjoy," says Robbie.
Haircuts (including wash and style), hot towel treatments, hair colouring and highlights, waxing, manicures, and scalp treatments are some of the ways men can get some TLC for their skin and hair-- and the shop serves complimentary espressos.
Robbie explains that the hot towel shave is a 30-minute relaxing process that includes a conditioning treatment and an aromatic mint hot towel treatment, during which the towel is wrapped around the face for a few minutes. The mint has a cooling effect, while the hot treatment opens up the pores and softens the hair. The shave is combined with a steam treatment and a number of oils. An aftershave is then massaged into the skin to finish it off. Check out the handy image and diagram of the hot shave.
- PICK A SIDE: Should hair salons be allowed to reopen
- Massive New Children's Treatment Centre Officially Opens in Mississauga
- A Brand New Shop Has Just Opened in Square One in Mississauga
- Health Canada Approves New Form of Treatment for Atopic Dermititis
- Woman with Service Dog Denied Treatment at Two Mississauga Clinics
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga