New Openings: Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot
The new Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot opened up in Mississauga on Sept 8 after Labour Day. This will be the fourth one in the GTA and the eighth one in Canada. There are also locations in the US, Japan and China.
Definition of Mongolian Hot Pot: A metal pot is the centerpiece of the Little Sheep dining experience. Each hot pot is filled with a steaming broth that is decorated with an assortment of fresh ingredients such as goji berries, jujubes, black cardamom pods, ginseng and herbs.
Every table has a stove top where you can control the temperature of the broth.
For those who like their meal with a little spice, a spicy crimson broth can be ordered with chili oil and peppercorns. Guests then place their selection of sliced meats, crisp vegetables, fresh seafood and handmade noodles into the broth, let simmer and enjoy.
You can sit with a group where the stove top is in the middle of the table and everyone shares one big pot, or you can go solo and have a stove top with a single smaller pot all to yourself.
This is an all you can eat hot pot experience, so get ready to get stuffed.
Unique for: Mongolian hot pot right at your table.
Food Menu: Without getting into every single thing on the AYCE menu as seen below, the standout items to cook in the broth were garlic chicken, quail eggs and lamb wonton.
Price for AYCE: Lunch $15.99, Dinner $21.99, Children (5 to 9) $10.99, Children under 4 free
Type: Full service, fine-dining.
What was there before?: Congee Dynasty
What was really good:
The overall experience: If you want to try something different, this is it.
The Service: On the second day of the restaurant's opening, this place was packed! The staff were well organized and seemed like they have been doing this for years.
The flavour: You choose your own flavours and combinations, so the hot pot is yours to create.
What they can improve on:
- Not being able to pay by debit: The manager said they would be getting interac soon.
- You have to get up for sauces: So while everything else is served to you while you're seated, you have to get up and scoop the sauces from a cart.
- You pay for broth: In addition to the AYCE price, you also have to pay for the broth. It's not like I can actually start cooking without the broth.
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- House of the Week: $5.5 Mil home with spectacular resort-style yard