New Openings: Heritage Fish & Chips
Heritage Fish & Chips has been serving British-style fish and chips for over three decades. The restaurant originated in Brampton in 1982 and the family-run operation has since expanded to a total of five locations.
The Heritage tagline is "get hooked!!!" and it looks like Mississauga was hooked even before the fifth location opened in Meadowvale.
"We take care of our customers and our food brings people back," says co-owner Peter Krilis. "[The people of] Mississauga were asking us to come."
The British-themed quick service restaurant is a quaint 30-seat space that serves English style fish and chips, grilled fish, house-made soups, desserts, fresh cut chips, homemade onion rings and battered mushrooms and salads.
Unique for: British-style fish and chips.
Signature Dish: Halibut (sold at market price) and chips.
Menu: The menu includes a variety of fish and seafood entrees served with their hand-cut chips (halibut, haddock, cod, orange roughy, sole, basa, scallops and shrimp) and a fisherman's platter. The from the grill section include salmon, trout, halibut, tilapia, basa and chicken, all served with hand-cut fries and veggies. From scratch items include battered mushrooms, daily soups, fish or clam chowder, onion rings, coleslaw, pickled onions, mashed potatoes, rice pudding and custard. The daily lunch runs until 3 pm and includes haddock and chips for under $7.00.
What’s Up and Coming? Franchise model and more locations in Mississauga within the next six months
Type of Restaurant: Quick-service.
Mississauga’s Top 5 Fish and Chips
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices