New Openings: Green Grotto Tea Room
Green Grotto Tea Room is a new bubble tea spot hidden in the Grand Park Plaza along Burnhamthorpe just east of Mavis. The independent tea room prepares authentic bubble tea using traditional tea brewing methods that you can taste with your first sip. It also offers Taiwanese snacks.
Other perks include free Wi-Fi, chill tunes and a reading lounge with Asian specific magazines such as Vivi, Muse and Mina that feature anything from the arts and culture scene in Hong Kong to the fashion scene in Japan (these typically cost an arm and a leg to subscribe to).
Unique for: The bar staff traditionally prepares batches of loose leaf green, black and oolong teas multiple times a day for the 50+ tea drinks on the menu.
Menu Concept: Check out Green's Top 10 list of teas, which include Hokkaido Milk Tea, Okinawa Milk Tea and Pudding Milk Tea and their Top 10 list of snacks including Minced Pork on Rice with Egg, Taiwanese Sausage and Condensed Milk Toast.
Why Mississauga?: The same owners had a restaurant called Green located in the Mississauga City Centre area over 20 years ago and wanted to make a comeback as a bubble tea lounge with their fourth Green Grotto location.
Click here for map and contact info>
- What's Open and Closed Victoria Day Monday in Mississauga
- You Will Be Ticketed for Doing This at a Red Light Camera in Mississauga
- Province Advising Residents to Beware of Ticks and Lyme Disease
- Is Privatization an Election Issue in Mississauga?
- Million Dollar Lotto Ticket and Two Other Winning Tickets Sold in Mississauga