New Openings: Burger Legend in Streetsville
There's a new burger joint in town - in the heart of Streetsville and it's called Burger Legend.
Ammar Al-Kuwaiti has been in the meat business for years as a commodity trader. He traded his day job for a food truck and went on the road to test out the market. The positive response led him to return the truck (it was a rental) and open up shop in his home town.
The occupational perk of being a meat trader includes over-satisfying the carnivore in you and Ammar has tried his fair share of burgers around the world, knows what high quality meat is and has taken all of these experiences to create his version of a burger joint.
Grand opening Date: Friday, April 4, 2014.
What was in the space before you took it over? Yume Crepe.
Unique for: "We do not own a freezer…we don't use yesterday's meat".
Concept: Burger Legend stands behind providing the freshest burger possible. Beef is brought in daily and ground every morning on site. You won't find processed stuff some like to call cheese at Burger Legend, only real Canadian cheese here. The fries are freshly cut, double fried in peanut oil, and seasoned with sea salt.
Signature Burger: "The Great One" is topped with maple smoked bacon, Canadian cheddar cheese, mixed greens, tomatoes and a special sauce called "Bawss Sauce".
Menu: Burgers and fries…what else is there? Receive a free drink when you check in on Facebook, send a Tweet or connect on Instagram.
Why Mississauga? Ammar filled his need for a good homemade burger spot in Mississauga and Streetsville seemed like the perfect place especially since he is from the area.
Seats: 16, no patio.
Click here for map and contact info>
- Unique burger joint opens two new locations in Mississauga
- Toronto Burger Joint Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- New burger joint is now open in Port Credit in Mississauga
- There's a Massive and Strange New Burger Now Available in Mississauga
- Popular Burger Joint Opens First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- UPDATE: The child hit by a vehicle in Mississauga has succumbed to her injuries
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga