New Openings: Border MX Mexican Grill & Cantina
Chef Viri Rico's dream to build a restaurant in Mississauga became a reality when she found the perfect location for the 45-seat Border MX Mexican Grill & Cantina at 5 and 10-- and this opening couldn't be any timelier.
Chef Rico's mission is to not only bring authentic Mexican cuisine to the table, but also provide an inviting experience with a personal touch with the service they offer, service she finds is lacking in today's fast paced restaurants.
Unique for: Upping the Mexican cuisine competition in Mississauga and celebrating birthday bashes with a Birthday Fiesta featuring sombreros and their rendition of Las Mananitas. It makes for a whole bunch of colourful and possibly embarrassing photos.
Menu Concept: The menu offers traditional Mexican dishes, including fajitas, tamales, flautas and pork carnitas. Friday and Saturday nights are reserved for Chef Rico's regional Mexican specials such as Tongue Tacos (self-explanatory) and Pozole (a soup made of pork or chicken broth with hominy and other garnishes).
Drink Menu: The restaurant will be licenced in a few weeks. In the meantime, Chef Rico's partner and husband extraordinaire will be creating the cocktail menu based on his years of experience slinging drinks in Cancun, Mexico.
Why Mississauga? Mississauga feels like Chef Rico's hometown in Mexico and she wanted to build her first restaurant in a place that felt like home.
Must try: Baja Fish Tacos, which include large pieces of Dos XX beer-battered fish, chipotle mayo, citrus cilantro slaw and Pico de Gallo.
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move