New Mexican restaurant opens in Mississauga
While new restaurants open in Mississauga quite frequently, the last two months have been very quiet—and for good reason.
With COVID-19 forcing restaurants to rely on takeout and delivery to survive (for now, at least), new (and old) establishments have faced incredible challenges. That said, some places that opened just before physical distancing orders were implemented are navigating the pandemic by joining their more established counterparts in offering food in less traditional ways.
El Machete, which specializes in Mexican food, opened a few weeks prior to the COVID-19 crisis in the Port Credit neighbourhood.
According to the restaurant’s Instagram account, diners can order from a pared-down menu and have their food delivered. Customers can also place an order for pickup.
As far as food goes, it appears the restaurant serves carne Azada tacos, hot dogs with cheese and salsa, short ribs, wings and more.
Food is available for order at select times on TouchBistro.
- You can now order food from The Rec Room in Square One in Mississauga to your home
- Fresh Mexican Food Joint to Open New Location in Mississauga
- Major Food Delivery Service Lowers Fees in Mississauga
- New Mexican Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Woman Brings Out Weapon After Mississauga Fast Food Restaurant Gets Order Wrong
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities