New Mexican restaurant opens in Mississauga
While new restaurants open in Mississauga quite frequently, the last two months have been very quiet—and for good reason.
With COVID-19 forcing restaurants to rely on takeout and delivery to survive (for now, at least), new (and old) establishments have faced incredible challenges. That said, some places that opened just before physical distancing orders were implemented are navigating the pandemic by joining their more established counterparts in offering food in less traditional ways.
El Machete, which specializes in Mexican food, opened a few weeks prior to the COVID-19 crisis in the Port Credit neighbourhood.
According to the restaurant’s Instagram account, diners can order from a pared-down menu and have their food delivered. Customers can also place an order for pickup.
As far as food goes, it appears the restaurant serves carne Azada tacos, hot dogs with cheese and salsa, short ribs, wings and more.
Food is available for order at select times on TouchBistro.
- Ontario allowing restaurants and bars to permanently sell alcohol with food delivery orders
- Fresh Mexican Food Joint to Open New Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant sparks debate after making controversial post about tipping on Instagram
- You can now order food from The Rec Room in Square One in Mississauga to your home
- Province urging food delivery services to reduce fees for struggling restaurants
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga