New Mexican restaurant opens in Mississauga
While new restaurants open in Mississauga quite frequently, the last two months have been very quiet—and for good reason.
With COVID-19 forcing restaurants to rely on takeout and delivery to survive (for now, at least), new (and old) establishments have faced incredible challenges. That said, some places that opened just before physical distancing orders were implemented are navigating the pandemic by joining their more established counterparts in offering food in less traditional ways.
El Machete, which specializes in Mexican food, opened a few weeks prior to the COVID-19 crisis in the Port Credit neighbourhood.
According to the restaurant’s Instagram account, diners can order from a pared-down menu and have their food delivered. Customers can also place an order for pickup.
As far as food goes, it appears the restaurant serves carne Azada tacos, hot dogs with cheese and salsa, short ribs, wings and more.
Food is available for order at select times on TouchBistro.
- Ontario allowing restaurants and bars to permanently sell alcohol with food delivery orders
- Fresh Mexican Food Joint to Open New Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant sparks debate after making controversial post about tipping on Instagram
- You can now order food from The Rec Room in Square One in Mississauga to your home
- Province urging food delivery services to reduce fees for struggling restaurants
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises