New Mediterranean Restaurant Open in Mississauga
If you drive a little east of Port Credit on Lakeshore Road, you'll find some great—and under-the-radar—dining options.
And fortunately for diners who were sad to lose an American burger joint that only occupied the space at 845 Lakeshore Rd. E. for a short time, a new kid is in town and he's serving up some authentic Persian/Mediterranean cuisine.
Since Bray's is no longer with us, residents can check out the newly-opened TJ (Takhte Jamshid) Grill, a resto that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine from Iran.
"Persian or Iranian cuisine is one of the world's most ancient and developed style of cooking. Persians have looked at food in three different ways for over two millennia-medicinal, philosophical and cultural aspect," the restaurant's website reads.
"Food was considered to be one of the arts providing enjoyment to both body and mind."
As far as the menu goes, the restaurant offers hummus, barg (grilled veal fillet marinated in the resto's special sauce and saffron), Joojeh Kebab (marinated small bone-in chicken) Koubideh (two skewers of grilled, seasoned minced lamb, Makhsoos (a combination of one skewer of barg and one skewer of koobideh), stews, chicken wings, fish and chips, hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
TJ Grill serves breakfast until 2:00 p.m.
The restaurant's dishes are also available on UberEats and SkipTheDishes.
Have you checked out this new resto yet?
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- City still concerned about controversial convent and senior’s residence in Mississauga
- Top 5 Most Expensive Restaurants in Mississauga