New Market Coming to Square One in Mississauga Soon
Square One is getting ‘lit’ this October, as the Mississauga shopping centre has announced it will be holding a festival for Diwali.
Diwali, also known as the festival of lights, is a five-day festival that takes place in the fall in the northern hemisphere and in the spring in the southern hemisphere, and is celebrated by Sikhs, Hindus, Jains, and Buddhists and symbolizes the victory of light over darkness.
From the 17 to the 20 of October, Square One will become a “one-of-kind destination where shoppers can experience the food, fashions, and traditions of Diwali,” the shopping centre said in a recent news release.
The market will explore traditions, fashions and foods associated with the renowned festival.
Will you be checking out the market this October?
More information to come.
Editor’s note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect new information.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Three pop-up events coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Raptors superfan Nav Bhatia set to attend festival at Square One in Mississauga
- Huge Asian Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- A Film Festival is Coming to Square One in Mississauga