New high-rise apartment complex planned near Mississauga's City Centre
A 32-story apartment complex is planned for a vacant parcel of land near Mississauga’s City Centre.
The high-rise is slated for the northeast corner of Hurontario St. and Fairview Rd. E.
The building will contain an amount of affordable housing as well as containing space for stores at the ground level. It will have 408 living units.
Originally the building was designed for 36 floors but following consultation with neighbourhood residents and City of Mississauga planners, the height was lowered.
Here is what the property looks like now looking northeast on Hurontario St.
As well, even though surrounding apartments have a larger footprint, this structure will have a taller and slender appearance.
Mississauga's planning committee has approved the project and it will now go before City council for final consideration.
(Main photo: An artist’s rendition of what the new apartment complex will look like)
- Police on Scene for Disturbance at Apartment Complex in Mississauga
- RioCan wins Land Tribunal case over Mississauga high-rise development
- New Rental Apartment with Retail Space Planned for Mississauga
- Rogers Wants to Build Massive Condo Complex in City Centre in Mississauga
- Toddler dies after being struck by car at apartment complex in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February