New Hamilton COVID cases contribute to provinical surge
Hamilton has 134 new cases of COVID-19 today, helping to fuel the continuing high caseload across Ontario.
Data released by the provincial government shows 4,401 new cases across the province today for a total of 391,009 people that Ontario health professionals are currently treating.
Other areas with significant numbers today include Toronto with 1,282 new cases, 772 in Peel Region, 564 in York Region, 339 in Ottawa, Durham Region with 224, and Halton Region has 177 cases.
All numbers are from the provincial database and may vary from statistics posted by local health departments.
In the past 24-hours, COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 15 people in Ontario.
- New cases in Burlington, Oakville and Millton contribute to COVID surge across Ontario
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Mississauga and Brampton keep today's COVID numbers above 700
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga