New grocery delivery service available in Mississauga
A new grocery delivery service is now available to Mississauga residents.
Empire Company Limited has unveiled Voila by Sobeys--an online grocery home-delivery service that initially launched in Vaughan and has now expanded to Mississauga.
Voila by Sobeys delivers customers' grocery orders through a state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfillment Centre (CFC) located in Vaughan.
Designed specifically for grocery e-commerce, it is fully equipped with robots that help pick groceries and offer an abundance of choices for consumers.
This new service will create 1,500 jobs, which will be offered to Mississauga and Vaughan residents first, before expanding to other local markets including Toronto, Caledon, and Brampton.
Qualification for delivery orders will be dependent on the postal where the items will be delivered.
Those concerned ordering groceries online could compromise the freshness of their product need not fear, Voila utilizes custom-designed smart trucks with temperature control to keeps groceries fresh while last-mile routing management technology ensures punctual deliveries.
“Canadians deserve a better way to shop for groceries online,” Sarah Joyce, senior vice-president of E-commerce for Empire, said in a news release.
“Because Voila delivers customers’ orders directly from an automated warehouse, we have tremendous control over the freshness and quality of our products and the reliability of our deliveries. Our teammates are ready to provide best-in-class service to our customers," she continued.
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs