New gourmet chocolate store now open in Mississauga
COVID-19 can't stop new (and unique) businesses from setting up shop in Mississauga.
Those who love chocolate, dates and chocolate-covered dates might be excited to hear that Palm Bites, a company that specializes in gourmet, dark chocolate-covered dates (which are also filled and coated in nuts) has just opened a brick and mortar location in Mississauga.
"We're opening Canada's first-ever gourmet chocolate-covered dates retail store," a Palm Bites spokesperson said in an email to insauga.com.
"We're a small family business that went to market during COVID and found success in this healthy and delicious treat. Since then, we decided to build our own commercial kitchen and retail space."
The store celebrated its grand opening on Aug. 15.
The company says its Palm Bites are vegan, gluten-free, halal and made with kosher ingredients. As far as variety goes, the boxes—which tend to cost between $30 and $45—come in peanut, pistachio, almond, hazelnut and mixed varieties.
Palm Bites also offers Revive Superfood smoothies, Hale coffee and other local products.
Operators also say there's a corner in the store called the "Last Minute Gift Shop" that boasts some last-minute gifts created by local brands and creatives that can be given alongside a box of Palm Bites.
The brand also sells products on its official website.
Will you be trying out some gourmet dates in Mississauga?
Cover photo courtesy of Palm Bites’s official Facebook page
- A New Chocolate Bar is Coming to Canada
- New website assisting local businesses by providing shoppers with in-store options
- Top 5 Places for Hot Chocolate in Mississauga
- A Very Unique Store is Opening Up at Square One
- Popular gourmet American doughnut shop opening first Ontario location in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines