New French School Opening in Mississauga
It's clear to see that the province thinks accommodating Mississauga's French students is a bonne idee - a good idea.
Ontario is investing 17 million dollars into a new, state of the art facility for French students from junior kindergarten to grade six.
The L’ecole elementaire Mississauga Nord (North Mississauga elementary school) will accommodate 360 students. The school celebrated its ground-breaking on Tuesday morning.
The school will be located in the area of Derry and Mavis on 5,27 acres.
"Our government is proud to invest in capital projects like the new L’ecole elementaire Mississauga Nord that supports students by giving them improved facilities and greater opportunities to learn in a high-quality environment," said Minister of Education Mitzie Hunter in a news release.
The school is part of the Conseil scolaire Viamonde, the school board that manages French public schools in the central southwest area of Ontario. The board currently manages more than 11,000 students in total.
The province's investment in the school is part of a larger plan to work with school boards and provide local students with the best possible learning environment.
- Peel District School Board provides update on when and how Mississauga students will return to school
- Catholic school students might face delayed start to school year in Mississauga: DPCDSB
- Ontario's high school teachers withdrawing services from select school boards this Tuesday
- Last chance today for Mississauga public school students to choose learning model
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot