New Filipino Joint Opens in Mississauga
If you like to sample Mississauga’s array of multicultural cuisine on the reg -and who doesn’t, with such an incredible range of options?- then we’ve got some good news for fans of Filipino food.
And it’s a double-whammy.
Halo Halo Foods has opened, and guess what’s on the menu?
All-day breakfast (you’re welcome).
If the name kind of rings a bell, it’s because it was known as Halo Halo World Cafe before shuttering in 2015.
Halo Halo Foods opened on June 1.
Here’s what’s new: the location on Fewster Dr., management, and the menu.
What’s familiar: it’s the same owner.
The menu boasts everything from Longonisa Sausage (with a buttery bun and garlic rice) for brekkie to Crackling Pork, Fish and Chips, pork burgers, and an Adobo chicken sandwich with great-grandma’s recipe, complete with pickled papaya.
There’s also poutine, a beef empanada, and for dessert, Halo Halo (obviously), plus milkshakes (including one with Oreos).
All items are under $12.
Sounds like the perfect place to grab breakfast (for lunch)!
Photo courtesy of Halo Halo Foods
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton