New COVID cases in Peel Region follow provincial trend for daily numbers
Peel Region has 320 new cases of COVID-19 today, a number that shows a continuing downward trend for infections.
That trend falls in line with what has been happening across the province as Ontario reports the lowest number of new cases since mid-December with 1,740 new cases today.
However, people continue to succumb to the virus in significant amounts with 63 reported deaths in the province during the past 24 hours.
Toronto is still recording the most new cases with 677 today. York Region shows 144 cases while Hamilton has 59 and Halton Region 49.
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases
- The number of new cases in Peel Region today the lowest this month
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Number of deaths still high even though new COVID cases continue downward trend in Ontario
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases
- Peel orders closure of eight businesses including a bank and hotel in Mississauga and Brampton