New COVID cases in Peel Region follow provincial trend for daily numbers
Peel Region has 320 new cases of COVID-19 today, a number that shows a continuing downward trend for infections.
That trend falls in line with what has been happening across the province as Ontario reports the lowest number of new cases since mid-December with 1,740 new cases today.
However, people continue to succumb to the virus in significant amounts with 63 reported deaths in the province during the past 24 hours.
Toronto is still recording the most new cases with 677 today. York Region shows 144 cases while Hamilton has 59 and Halton Region 49.
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- The number of new cases in Peel Region today the lowest this month
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Number of deaths still high even though new COVID cases continue downward trend in Ontario
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”