New Chinese Hot Pot Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
There's nothing more fun than enjoying a great hot pot restaurant with a good group of people, so it's great that Mississauga is now home to another hot pot spot—and not only is this one tasty, it's pretty chic, too.
Mississauga's newest hot spot joint, called Liyuan Spicy Pot, is located in the northwest plaza on the corner of Burnhamthorpe and Creditview.
When you walk into Liyuan Spicy Spot, you can't help notice the cool vibe with Drake playing in the background and people chatting it up as they dip their meat in their steaming hot broth.
For those who don't know what hot pot is (and if you don't, you're missing it out and should try it as as soon as possible), it is a style of dining that involves a metal pot in the center of the table. Each hot pot is filled with a steaming broth that is decorated with an assortment of fresh ingredients, such as goji berries, jujubes, black cardamom pods, ginseng and herbs. Once your pot is nice and hot, you cook various ingredients (meat, fish, vegetables, etc.) and go to town on your meal.
Every table has a stove top where you can control the temperature of the broth.
For those who like their meal with a little spice, you can order the broth with some level of kick. After that, you place your selection of sliced meats, crisp vegetables, fresh seafood and handmade noodles into the broth, let them simmer and enjoy.
The place is augmented by a modern and bright atmosphere. The service is super friendly and they explain how everything works if it's your first time, so you won't be confused.
Type: Full service
What was there before: Quiapo Quiapo
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton