New cases in Burlington, Oakville and Millton contribute to COVID surge across Ontario
Halton Region has 161 new cases of COVID-19 today, with cases in Burlington, Oakville and Milton helping to fuel the continuing high caseload across Ontario.
Data released by the provincial government shows 4,401 new cases across the province today for a total of 391,009 people that Ontario health professionals are currently treating.
Other areas with significant numbers today include Toronto with 1,282 new cases, 772 in Peel Region, 564 in York Region, 339 in Ottawa, Durham Region with 224, and Hamilton has 134 cases.
All numbers are from the provincial database and may vary from statistics posted by local health departments.
In the past 24-hours, COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 15 people in Ontario.
- New Hamilton COVID cases contribute to provinical surge
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- As COVID cases in Burlington, Oakville and Milton continue to rise, Ontario again records a new high today
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga