New cannabis retail store set to open in Burlington
Published November 27, 2020 at 1:58 pm
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has received an application approved by the City of Burlington Council for a 17th cannabis retail store called Sweet Releafs Inc.
The proposed location will be at 728 Burloak Dr., Unit C4.
On Jan. 14, 2019, Burlington City Council voted to allow the operation of retail cannabis stores in Burlington.
Written comments about the proposed location will be received by the AGCO until Friday, Dec. 11, 2020, and can be submitted online.
The AGCO will accept submissions from a resident of the municipality in which the proposed store is located and the municipality representing the area in which the proposed store is located and/or its upper-tier municipality.
Comments submitted to the AGCO should be about protecting public health and safety, protecting youth and restricting their access to cannabis and preventing illicit activities in relation to cannabis.
After Dec. 11, the AGCO will review all written comments and collective data to decide whether the application for the suggested store location will be approved.
At this time, there are 10 licensed cannabis retail stores in Burlington since the AGCO moved to an opening licencing system for cannabis retail store applications earlier this year.
The 10 stores include:
- Relm Cannabis Co. 4031 Fairview St. Suite 103
- Corner Cannabis 3007 New St.
- The Hunny Pot Cannabis Co. 1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4
- Friendly Stranger Plains Road 1025 and 1059 Plains Rd. E., Unit 3
- Pioneer Cannabis Co. 1200 Brant St., Unit B-004
- Mihi 3500 Dundas St., Unit A1B
- Canna Cabana Burlington 2400 Guelph Line, Unit 2
- Welcome Cannabis 1401 Plains Rd., Unit 5
- Spiritleaf 3295 Fairview St.
- Canada Buds 1860 Appleby Line, Unit 11B
Five additional cannabis retail stores are under review by the AGCO and two are out for comment, including this one.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising