New Cafe and Bagel Joint Abruptly Shuts Down in Mississauga
It was over before it even began.
Lux Cafe, a seemingly well-liked Port Credit cafe (241 Lakeshore Rd. E.) that opened about two months ago, has closed.
The closure comes as a surprise, as the cafe wasn't open for long and had generated a decent amount of buzz because it replaced Port Credit's only Dunk n' Dip location (the popular dessert hotspot still operates a location on Burnhamthorpe in the City Centre area).
Lux celebrated its grand opening on June 1 but seems to have closed a few weeks ago.
The closure has not been announced on the cafe's official website, but establishment's social media accounts have been deleted.
The closure is no doubt disappointing, as the menu boasted coffee and myriad espresso-based beverages, bagels (and a plethora of them, no less!), savoury sandwiches, pastries, salads, speciality cakes, milkshakes, vegan treats and more.
In a city that could use a few more bagel spots, the closure really stings.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Mississauga RONA among 34 Lowe's stores closing across Canada