New Cafe and Bagel Joint Abruptly Shuts Down in Mississauga
It was over before it even began.
Lux Cafe, a seemingly well-liked Port Credit cafe (241 Lakeshore Rd. E.) that opened about two months ago, has closed.
The closure comes as a surprise, as the cafe wasn't open for long and had generated a decent amount of buzz because it replaced Port Credit's only Dunk n' Dip location (the popular dessert hotspot still operates a location on Burnhamthorpe in the City Centre area).
Lux celebrated its grand opening on June 1 but seems to have closed a few weeks ago.
The closure has not been announced on the cafe's official website, but establishment's social media accounts have been deleted.
The closure is no doubt disappointing, as the menu boasted coffee and myriad espresso-based beverages, bagels (and a plethora of them, no less!), savoury sandwiches, pastries, salads, speciality cakes, milkshakes, vegan treats and more.
In a city that could use a few more bagel spots, the closure really stings.
- Popular Dessert Cafe Opens Another Location in Mississauga
- Popular Dessert Cafe Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Cafe Opening New Location Inside Major Grocery Store in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Cafe Issued Closure Notice in Error
- Popular Restaurant and Cafe Closes in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw