New Cafe and Bagel Joint Abruptly Shuts Down in Mississauga
It was over before it even began.
Lux Cafe, a seemingly well-liked Port Credit cafe (241 Lakeshore Rd. E.) that opened about two months ago, has closed.
The closure comes as a surprise, as the cafe wasn't open for long and had generated a decent amount of buzz because it replaced Port Credit's only Dunk n' Dip location (the popular dessert hotspot still operates a location on Burnhamthorpe in the City Centre area).
Lux celebrated its grand opening on June 1 but seems to have closed a few weeks ago.
The closure has not been announced on the cafe's official website, but establishment's social media accounts have been deleted.
The closure is no doubt disappointing, as the menu boasted coffee and myriad espresso-based beverages, bagels (and a plethora of them, no less!), savoury sandwiches, pastries, salads, speciality cakes, milkshakes, vegan treats and more.
In a city that could use a few more bagel spots, the closure really stings.
- Popular Dessert Cafe Opens Another Location in Mississauga
- Popular Mississauga cafe to reopen in Port Credit
- Popular Dessert Cafe Opens Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Popular Cafe Opening New Location Inside Major Grocery Store in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Cafe Issued Closure Notice in Error
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police investigating homicide after dead body found in Mississauga
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton