New bus route, increased transit service on the way for Mississauga in new year
Published December 22, 2022 at 11:36 am
MiWay riders will get around Mississauga faster and easier in the new year as the city’s public transit provider will add new bus routes and improve existing ones.
Officials with MiWay say a host of service improvements are set to take effect on Jan. 2.
Topping the list is the new Route 99 College Shuttle, which will provide non-stop service from Sheridan College in Brampton (Davis Campus) to the City Centre Transit Terminal at Square One.
The new shuttle will not make any other stops along that route, City of Mississauga transit officials say.
The Route 99 College Shuttle will make two southbound trips in the morning and two northbound trips in the afternoon:
- morning trips: 7:04 a.m. and 7:19 a.m. from Sheridan College (Davis Campus)
- afternoon trips: 5:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. from Platform F (stop #1419) at the City Centre Transit Terminal
MiWay is also implementing a number of service increases on weekdays for selected routes in addition to other improvements.
- Route 18 McLaughlin-Derry will be extended along Derry Rd. to Westwood Square Transit Terminal in Malton, replacing 42A Derry. It will travel from Sheridan College (Davis Campus) in Brampton to Westwood Square and will no longer service the Hurontario St. and Hwy. 407 Park and Ride
- service increases during weekdays will be seen on routes 44 Mississauga Rd., 57 Courtneypark, 61 Mavis and 110 University Express. This is in response to ridership growth and it will provide more capacity where and when customers need it, MiWay says
MiWay is also making a number of schedule adjustments on some routes to improve service reliability as traffic and ridership patterns continue to evolve throughout the city, officials say.
In addition to the routes listed below, Mississauga’s transit provider says it constantly monitors ridership patterns and will make additional adjustments as needed.
The following bus routes will be adjusted effective Jan. 2:
- 3 Bloor (Saturday)
- 6 Credit Woodlands (weekdays)
- 7 Airport (weekdays)
- 11 Westwood (weekdays, Saturday and Sunday)
- 17 Hurontario (weekdays)
- 22 Finch (Saturday and Sunday)
- 26 Burnhamthorpe (Saturday and Sunday)
- 28 Confederation (weekdays and Saturday)
- 38A Creditview-Argentia (Saturday)
- 42 Derry (weekdays)
- 43 Matheson-Argentia (weekdays)
- 66 McLaughlin (Saturday)
- 101/101A Dundas Express (weekdays)
- 103 Hurontario Express (weekdays and Sunday)
- 107 Malton Express (weekdays)
- 108 Meadowvale Business Express (weekdays)
- 110 University Express (weekdays)
Looking further ahead in the new year, MiWay says its buses will operate on a holiday schedule on Family Day, which falls on Feb. 20.
Additionally on Family Day, routes 4 Sherway Gardens and 17 Hurontario will run at reduced frequency while routes 28 Confederation, 35 Eglinton, 46 Tenth Line-Osprey and 48 Erin Mills won’t operate at all due to low customer demand.
MiWay’s next planned service changes are expected to take effect Feb. 27.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising