New beds are coming to long-term care facilities in Mississauga
The provincial government is working towards adding new long-term care beds to help support vulnerable residents in Mississauga.
The province is now accepting applications from current and potential operators to build new long-term care beds and redevelop existing ones.
These long-term care beds are part of the government’s plan to build 15,000 new beds and redevelop 15,000 existing beds over five years.
To date, the government has allocated 7,889 new beds.
“Today’s call for applications brings our government one step closer to fulfilling our commitment to create 15,000 new long-term care beds and redevelop 15,000 existing beds,” said Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, the Minister of Long-Term Care. “With an aging population, these new and redeveloped beds will help more families and residents get the support and high-quality care they need, when they need it.”
The government asks any party interested in applying to build and redevelop the remaining beds to submit an online application by January 17, 2020.
Organizations new to the long-term care sector are also invited to apply.
“I encourage all interested parties to apply and to be a part of this exciting opportunity,” said Fullerton. “Our government is committed to creating a 21st century long-term care system that focuses on residents, builds capacity for residents and caregivers and provides a place for our province’s most vulnerable people to call home.”
What are your thoughts on more long-term care coming to residents in need?
- More Beds are Coming to Long-Term Care Facilities in Mississauga
- Province implements emergency order to support long-term care homes
- Ontario announces independent commission into long-term care
- Personal support worker crisis impacting long-term care in Mississauga
- Ontario increasing protection for long-term care residents
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- House of the Week: $3.1 mil Mississauga Road home overlooking ravine
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario