New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
There may be a new online scam going around the GTA, and it comes in the form of a rather convincing email.
The email starts off by indicating that your bank account was suspended after three attempts to login, in this case Scotiabank:
Then comes a warning that if verification has been made, then disregard, but if you don’t....
However, upon hovering over the link asking you to sign into your Scotiabank account to review, the URLreads as “http://ahmad.warnalangit.com”.
Obviously, if you are fully aware that you do not have a bank account with the particular financial institution on this email, then it’s best to delete it.
If you suspect you may be the victim of fraud or have been tricked into giving personal or financial information, contact your local OPP detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season