New Bank Fraud Scam Circulating in Mississauga
There may be a new online scam going around the GTA, and it comes in the form of a rather convincing email.
The email starts off by indicating that your bank account was suspended after three attempts to login, in this case Scotiabank:
Then comes a warning that if verification has been made, then disregard, but if you don’t....
However, upon hovering over the link asking you to sign into your Scotiabank account to review, the URLreads as “http://ahmad.warnalangit.com”.
Obviously, if you are fully aware that you do not have a bank account with the particular financial institution on this email, then it’s best to delete it.
If you suspect you may be the victim of fraud or have been tricked into giving personal or financial information, contact your local OPP detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic