New Airplane Viewing Platform Coming to Mississauga
Well, it's about time the community of Malton got something special!
Mississauga's Danville Park, located north of the 401, off Kennedy Rd., is already the place to be if you like watching planes take off from Pearson Airport and it's going to be even more of an ideal plane-watching spot in the near future.
According to the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA), the organization has partnered with the city of Mississauga to develop a new viewing platform at the park.
The park's pinnacle, which is actually the highest point in Mississauga, is situated 25 metres above the surrounding area. Ideally, the final product will be equipped with aeronautical elements to make it "an iconic viewing platform."
Since the project is very much in its infancy, the GTAA is asking the community for input on the design and name of the platform.
"This is your opportunity to select different design elements and features from seating to aeronautical instruments such as wind socks and whirly gigs," the organization's website reads.
Once the final features are selected in order of preference, the GTAA will once again consult the community and ask for input on the favored design for the platform's main overhead feature. People will also be asked to select the final name.
You can vote now, but keep in mind that voting closes October 28.
So, what do you want the platform to look like?
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Local woman calls 911 because she’s late for her train
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Mississauga’s Newest Destination Park is About to Open
- Brand New Park About to Celebrate Official Opening in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Unveils 2019 Liberal Platform at University of Toronto Mississauga
- Residents Vent at GTAA at Public Meeting About Pearson Expansion in Mississauga
- Maxime Bernier Unveils Immigration Platform in Mississauga