These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
Several Mississauga neighbourhoods are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed 50 neighbourhoods in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of January 24 to 30.
Of the 50 listed, the following neighbourhoods are located in Mississauga:
L5W at 13.9% (area of Derry and Mavis)
9th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (5th highest during previous week)
L4X at 11.7% (area of Bloor and Fieldgate)
14th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (43rd during previous week)
L5V at 10.8% (area of Britannia Rd W and Terry Fox Way)
23rd highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (21st during previous week)
L4T at 9.8% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
36th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (42nd during previous week)
L4W at 9.4% (area of Highway 401 and Pearson Airport)
43rd highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
Peel was the region with the highest percent positivity (9.0%) out of all of Ontario’s 34 Public Health Units, followed by Toronto and York. Ontario’s overall percent positivity was 4.0%.
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of January 24 was 4.0% (versus 4.6% the previous week)," ICES reports.
"The percent positivity was relatively lower among persons living in long-term care homes (3.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (4.1%)."
The full data is available to read here.
Images courtesy of ICES
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- This Milton neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga secondary school