'My wife and I couldn't believe it:' Hamilton grandfather wins Lottario jackpot
A 72-year-old retired grandfather won the jackpot in the Mar. 27 Lottario Draw.
Andrija Konjek of Stoney Creek is $734,061.70 richer thanks to the ticket he purchased at the Avondale on Highway 8.
"When I checked my ticket at the store, I saw the number '7' and lots of numbers after," he shared while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings. "I waited a few days and had my son check my ticket. My wife and I couldn't believe it."
Andrija plans to use his winnings to visit family when it's safe to travel again.
He’s also going to give some of his winnings to his children.
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Cake purchased at Farm Boy in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville faces recall
- Ontario doctors urging Province extend lockdown set to expire in late May
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton