Muslim youth group offering help for seniors and vulnerable residents during COVID-19 pandemic
If you need your groceries or medication delivered to you during the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot always ask a friend or family member to help you, a new campaign might be able to help.
Recently, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association announced the launched of its nationwide Neighbourhood Helper campaign
Through the campaign, Muslim youth will be offering their services to Canadians who need assistance with picking up groceries and filling prescriptions. The group also says volunteers will be there to provide overall moral support.
Canadians who require assistance are encouraged to call 1-855-HELP811 or sign up online.
Flyers will also be distributed in cities and towns across Canada with details on how to get in touch with local teams for assistance.
"It is crucial for Canadians to come together and support each other during these difficult and uncertain times," Zubair Afzal, national president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association Canada, said in a statement.
"We have launched the Neighbourhood Helper campaign to help Canadians who need it most."
The campaign launched on March 24, 2020, and will run indefinitely as the group monitors the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Group organizes campaign to get Muslims out to vote
- Feds to announce more support for most vulnerable during COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga Residents Invited to Visit Local Mosques in Wake of New Zealand Terrorist Attack
- Here's how Mississauga's homeless population is receiving assistance amid the COVID-19 outbreak
- Ontario investing $11 million to support province's most vulnerable amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Peel region’s top doctor says Mississauga is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- House of the Week: $3.1 mil Mississauga Road home overlooking ravine