music insauga: Huge Cosmic
With such powerful and large songs it's surprising that Huge Cosmic only consists of two guys that like to make sound with instruments. But it's really much more than that.
Huge Cosmic combines elements of gritty alternative rock noise with synth and electronic sounds that creates an atmosphere for the listener, or can takes one on a journey.
Wavelengths starts out calmly enough with a soft guitar riff and quiet vocals. The song slowly builds with more sounds being added and mixed together and features a unique form that doesn't follow the typical verse-chorus flow. It subtly moves from one idea to the next, but the progression is seamless.
Among a few other electronic sounds, Wavelengths brings listeners back to the past with the use of that irritating, dial up connection thing that sounds like death. Remember that thing? They actually make it sound good.
Zzz is similar in that it uses new mediums to get its message across while slowly progressing into something huge. Spoken word is implemented in this song, as the speaker's emotion and dynamics match the constant overlapping of musical textures.
Take a look at facebook.com/hugecosmic to stay updated on shows and new music.
- Brand new Starbucks location opening in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: A Fight Club forms in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel police officer knees male on ground during arrest in Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
- New pizza and chicken restaurant opening in Mississauga