music insauga: Huge Cosmic
With such powerful and large songs it's surprising that Huge Cosmic only consists of two guys that like to make sound with instruments. But it's really much more than that.
Huge Cosmic combines elements of gritty alternative rock noise with synth and electronic sounds that creates an atmosphere for the listener, or can takes one on a journey.
Wavelengths starts out calmly enough with a soft guitar riff and quiet vocals. The song slowly builds with more sounds being added and mixed together and features a unique form that doesn't follow the typical verse-chorus flow. It subtly moves from one idea to the next, but the progression is seamless.
Among a few other electronic sounds, Wavelengths brings listeners back to the past with the use of that irritating, dial up connection thing that sounds like death. Remember that thing? They actually make it sound good.
Zzz is similar in that it uses new mediums to get its message across while slowly progressing into something huge. Spoken word is implemented in this song, as the speaker's emotion and dynamics match the constant overlapping of musical textures.
Take a look at facebook.com/hugecosmic to stay updated on shows and new music.
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Police looking for missing 30 year old Mississauga man