Multiple Vehicles Stolen in One Night in Mississauga
It was a busy night for Peel police officers in Mississauga.
On Sunday, Jan. 22, Peel police announced that officers responded to two calls for stolen vehicles in Mississauga.
Peel police Const. Paolo Carretta told insauga.com that, in both cases, the victims were meeting with buyers who had expressed interest in purchasing their vehicles. In both instances, the sales were arranged online through popular buy and sell websites.
"[In both cases], someone who advertised that they were selling a car was distracted and then the car was gone."
There are unconfirmed reports that, in both incidents, the victim was interacting with two "buyers" at the time of the theft. Police said they are not yet sure if the incidents are related, but did confirm that the situations were very similar.
At 11:00 p.m., police announced that a carjacking occurred in the Colonial Drive and Collegeway area in Mississauga. In that instance, suspects armed with knives made off with a black Infinity with the license plate BPXR659.
Police say they do not believe the carjacking was related to the earlier distraction-style car thefts.
The suspects in all cases are outstanding.
If you are selling goods online and you're nervous about theft, you can utilize a buy and sell exchange zone at the 22 Division police headquarters in Brampton.
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Brampton Says Mississauga Might Have to Pay Up if it Leaves Region of Peel
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Here’s Exactly How Much Money the Trudeau Government Will Save Millennial Homebuyers in Mississauga
- Police Launch New Buy and Sell Exchange Zone in Mississauga
- Peel Police Launch Buy and Sell Exchange Zones Just Outside of Mississauga
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- How to Stay Safe When Buying and Selling Online in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Two Armed Vehicle Robberies in Mississauga