Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
Multiple schools are in hold and secure due to a police investigation in Mississauga.
Shortly before 10:00 a.m, Peel police said officers are investigating a possible threat in the area of Thomas St. and Tenth Line W.
Due to this investigation, the following schools are in hold and secure:
- Stephen Lewis SS
- Applewood SS
- Churchill Meadows ES
- St Faustina CES
- St Joan of Arc SS
Churchill Meadows Library is also in a hold and secure position.
Updates to follow.
Police say the that while the investigation is ongoing, the following has been learned: schools are heading into exam week, and it has determined that the call came in via a voice over internet protocol (VOIP) type system.
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board says St. Joan of Arc C.S.S. and St. Faustina School remain in hold and secure. Students will be dismissed at their regular dismissal time through a controlled release under the supervision of Peel Regional Police.
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Numerous Schools in Hold and Secure Following Gun-Related Threat in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Schools in Hold and Secure Following Ongoing Investigation
- UPDATE: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Reported Stabbing
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault