Playhouses, water bottles and more recalled from Mississauga and Brampton stores due to safety
Health Canada has issued advisories and recalled multiple products this week (June 7 to 13) due to potential health and safety risks, including from Mississauga and Brampton retailers.
Residents are advised to check if they have these products at home and avoid using or consuming them out of caution.
The following products are affected:
Big Game Hunters Single and Triple Mud Kitchen Brass Taps
Risk: The Brass Water Tap contains lead in excess of the allowable limit (more than 90 mg/kg).
Product info: The product is a children’s outdoor play kitchen. Two products are affected: Big Game Hunters Single Mud Kitchen, Product Code 391,UPC 5035874001476 and Big Game Hunters Triple Mud Kitchen, Product Code 383, UPC 5035874001469.
What you should do: Consumers should immediately remove the brass tap and dispose of it.
Big Game Hunters Evermeadow Playhouse and Cafe/Shop Playhouse Plastic Roof Ridges
Risk: A piece of plastic in the middle of the roof ridge contains DEHP in excess of allowable limits (over 1000 mg/kg).
Product info: The product is a children’s outdoor playhouse. Two products are affected: Big Game Hunters Evermeadow Playhouse & Evermeadow Playhouse with Floor, Product Code 3283, UPC 5035874328306 and Big Game Hunters Cafe/Shop Playhouse and Cafe/Shop Playhouse with Floor, Product Code 381, UPC 5035874001483.
What you should do: Consumers should immediately remove the existing plastic roof ridge and contact DOM Sports for a replacement kit.
Certain caps sold with CamelBak Podium and Peak Fitness water bottles
Risk: The silicone valve in the cap of the water bottle may come loose, posing a choking hazard.
Product info: The codes of the affected caps are H19039, H19175 and H19063. The codes are located on the underside of the bottle cap.
What you should do: Consumers should contact Outdoor Gear Canada for a replacement cap by providing their contact information and photo of the affected data cap. The consumer should then destroy and dispose of the affected cap.
Klein Tools Non-Contact Voltage Tester (NCTV-1)
Risk: Electric shock hazard. When the on/off button is depressed and not released, the tool will falsely indicate that it is ready to detect voltage, however it will not detect the presence of voltage until the on/off button is released, posing an electric shock hazard to the consumer if they believe there is no voltage present from an electric source.
Product info: The model numbers included in this recall are NCTV1, NCTV1SEN, and 69149. Model 69149 is sold as an electrical test kit.
What you should do: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and contact Klein Tools Inc. to receive a replacement.
Noxus CA Magnet Sets
Risk: Health Canada has determined that the magnets do not meet the magnetic force requirements of the Toys Regulations and pose an ingestion hazard. As of June 2021, the company has received one report of injury in Canada.
Product info: The magnet sets consist of 216 magnets, which are in a variety of colours.
- Science Education Magnets (Multicolour 6) (B07FNJQB18)
- Elsatsang 5MM 216 Pieces Magnets Sculpture Building Blocks Toys (B07Z1F2JHJ, B07FMXXLM3)
- Magnetic Block Cube Magnets Blocks Magnetic Sculpture Holders Square Cube Children’s Puzzle (B07C4J5LQ1)
- Elsatsang Novelty Magnetic Toys - Silver Color Set Mashable (B07CGN97QY, B07FMS4B4P, B07FMYW497)
- Elsatsang 5MM 216 Pieces Magnets Sculpture Building Blocks Toys (B07FMY21B7)
- Science Education Magnets (Classic 4) (B07HT4X8P3)
- Science Education Magnets (Multicolour 4) (B07HSZHV38)
- Magnetic Balls 5mm Multi Coloured Magnets | 216 (B085L4GSW9)
- 5mm Creative Small Metal Balls Cube Desk Decompression (B085L3DQRX)
What you should do: Consumers should immediately take the recalled toy magnet set away from children, ensure that all pieces are accounted for and properly dispose of them.
Tomahawk Nordic Foam Low Expansion Insulation Polyurethane foam (gun grade)
Risk: The product is highly flammable and should have been sold only to professionals, as it is prohibited for sale to consumers as per the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations, 2001, under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act. Unintentional exposure to the product could lead to serious illness or injury, including death.
Product info: The recall involves Tomahawk Nordic Foam Low Expansion Insulation Polyurethane foam (gun grade) Doors, Windows & Gap, -14degC to 35degC, in a 900g container (750 mL) with the product code F1001 and the following UPC: 828469990010.
What you should do: Consumer should immediately stop using the recalled product and return it to the retailer for a refund.
Bio-Groom Magic Black
Risk: The product does not have proper hazard labelling and poses an aspiration hazard if inhaled or ingested. The lack of appropriate labelling information could result in unintentional exposure to the product and lead to serious illness, injury or death.
Product info: Bio-groom Magic Black is a dog and cat color enhancer grooming product packaged in a white 5 oz (142 g) aerosol container, and can be identified by UPC 021653519084.
What you should do: Consumers should immediately stop using the product and safely dispose of it in accordance with local hazardous waste requirements.
- Popular Baby Product Recalled for Being a Fire Hazard
- Health Canada issues warning over bubble bath product
- Tortilla product recalled from stores due to undeclared ingredient
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga
- This Product has Been Recalled Due to Possible Dangerous Bacteria
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?