UPDATE: Multiple people dead in major collision in Milton
Police are reporting multiple fatalities following a collision in Milton today (June 19).
At 12:46 a.m., a serious crash was reported at Britannia Rd and Fourth Line.
“We can confirm, tragically, that this is a multi-person fatality and the investigation is being conducted by our Collision Reconstruction Unit,” said police.
Early reports indicate that two people are dead.
Roads were temporarily closed due to the collision and have reopened as of 9:32 a.m.
Police have confirmed that a total of three people died in this collision.
The crash involved a southbound Cadillac sedan driven by a 28 year old Milton man which collided with an eastbound sport utility vehicle with three occupants.
“Two of the SUV's occupants died at the scene while the third succumbed to their injuries during EMS transport to a trauma center,” said police.
“The driver of the Cadillac sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries.”
- Two dead and six injured in head-on collision in Mississauga
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- Life-threatening injuries reported following collision in Brampton
- Emergency services responding to collision in Brampton with occupants trapped in vehicle
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Serious Collision in Mississauga Leaves 2 People With Critical Injuries
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Mississauga, Brampton, Halton and Hamilton under air quality warning from forest fires