Multiple People Arrested in Connection with Breaks-Ins in Mississauga and Beyond
Six males—including two teens—are facing charges in connection with multiple break-in incidents in Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville and other GTA municipalities.
Peel police say the arrests were made as part of Project Red-Sag, an initiative focused on break and enter incidents that focused on break-ins in Peel and surrounding areas.
The project was launched in September of this year.
Police allege that investigations conducted during Project Red-Sag indicated the group of suspects was "actively committing residential break and enters throughout the Greater Toronto Area."
Police say the accused group was targeting jewelry, cash and other valuables in residences.
The suspects were reportedly committing daytime break and enters in Oakville at the time of their arrest.
Police say a quantity of stolen property was recovered and returned to its owners.
As a result of the investigation, four adults and two youths were arrested and charged with numerous break and enter related offences.
Those charged include 27-year-old Brampton man Kejel Campbell, 18-year-old Mississauga man Dakota Cushing, 26-year-old Brampton man Rhjeed Russell, 42-year-old Brampton man Karran Singh, a 17-year-old Mississauga boy and a 16-year-old boy of no fixed address.
All were charged with various break and enter and theft-related offences.
Campbell, Cushing and Russell appeared in court on Nov. 9. The 17-year-old was held for a bail hearing on Nov. 11, while the 16-year-old was held for one on Nov. 9.
Singh was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to be in court on Dec. 15.
Police say the the project, spearheaded by Peel Regional Police, was a collaborative effort from different police agencies, including York Regional Police Service and Halton Regional Police Service.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call investigators of 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Police Identify Suspects in Multiple Break-In Incidents in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect