Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
Peel Police are currently in the area of Erin Centre Boulevard and Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga investigating a suspicious incident.
Due to this investigation, St. Aloysius Gonzaga Secondary School is in lockdown and John Fraser Secondary School is in hold and secure.
No further information regarding the suspicious incident has been released by police yet.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE (Dec. 11 1:59 p.m.): Police are currently investigating reports of an unwanted student who could be in the school. Police say, the student has uttered threats towards the school in the past and is not supposed to be on the premise. School Resource Officers are checking the school to ensure the student is not present.
Students and staff are currently in lockdown as officers conduct their checks and investigation.
UPDATE (Dec. 11 2:03 p.m.): According to police, the lockdown, and hold and secure have been lifted. The student was not inside of the school.
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Lockdown
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure for Weapons-Related Investigation