Multiple Mississauga Residents Enjoying Massive Jackpot Lotto Win
A group of very (and we mean very!) lucky Mississauga residents are celebrating an absolutely monumental $40 million jackpot lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated the GTA group for winning the $40,497,949.90 jackpot from the October 28, 2017 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Six members of a group from Mississauga, Toronto and Hamilton attended the OLG Prize Centre to collect their winnings.
OLG says that since the spouse of one member of this group was classified as an "insider," additional review was required including a third-party review in partnership with OLG's regulator, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
OLG also says a seventh person has also made a claim on this prize. As such, OLG has withheld a 1/7 share of the jackpot, pending further review.
To date, OLG has verified that six members are entitled to their share of the jackpot. The six members are:
George Scott of Mississauga
Andrzej Jasinski of Mississauga
Edward Deosaran of Toronto
James Jackson of Hamilton
Jeffrey Townsend of Mississauga
Jerzy Homa of Mississauga
The winning ticket was purchased at Maple Convenience on Bloor Street in Etobicoke.
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- No winning ticket for Saturday night’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga, jackpot still up for grabs
- Two winning tickets with one in Ontario for Saturday’s $5 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga Woman Celebrating Enormous Jackpot Lotto Win
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month
- A west coast burger joint just opened in Mississauga
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes