Multiple Mississauga Residents Enjoying Massive Jackpot Lotto Win
A group of very (and we mean very!) lucky Mississauga residents are celebrating an absolutely monumental $40 million jackpot lotto win.
OLG recently congratulated the GTA group for winning the $40,497,949.90 jackpot from the October 28, 2017 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Six members of a group from Mississauga, Toronto and Hamilton attended the OLG Prize Centre to collect their winnings.
OLG says that since the spouse of one member of this group was classified as an "insider," additional review was required including a third-party review in partnership with OLG's regulator, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
OLG also says a seventh person has also made a claim on this prize. As such, OLG has withheld a 1/7 share of the jackpot, pending further review.
To date, OLG has verified that six members are entitled to their share of the jackpot. The six members are:
George Scott of Mississauga
Andrzej Jasinski of Mississauga
Edward Deosaran of Toronto
James Jackson of Hamilton
Jeffrey Townsend of Mississauga
Jerzy Homa of Mississauga
The winning ticket was purchased at Maple Convenience on Bloor Street in Etobicoke.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours