Multiple GTA-Based Companies Declared Best Places to Work in Canada
The results are in, and rumour has it that if a company makes their employees happy, they're slaying the game.
Indeed, a popular Canadian jobs website, recently released its 25 Top-Rated Workplaces in Canada list, based on hundreds of thousands of company reviews on Indeed Company Pages.
Indeed says the list is topped by luxury hospitality leader Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and followed by diversified construction company Ledcor.
What companies were declared the best?
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- American Express
- TD Bank
- Husky Energy
- H&R Block
- Sun Life Financial
- TELUS Communications
- Banque Nationale Du Canada
- BMO Financial Group
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Shaw Communications
"With such a tight labour market and a low unemployment rate, there is a lot of competition in recruiting today. In order to stand out to job seekers, companies are continuing to evolve their overall employee experience in the hopes of attracting and retaining top talent for their open positions," said Jodi Kasten, managing director at Indeed Canada.
"The 25 organizations on our list are considered among the best places to work and have worked hard to listen to the specific needs of their employees to provide an outstanding experience through strategic and thoughtful workplace programs."
This year's top-rated workplace, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, is new to Indeed's national ranking.
Indeed says Fairmont was praised by employees for its "great benefits, supportive and fun environment and dedicated management."
Nearly half of the companies on the list were also honored in 2017, with Ledcor making the biggest leap from #16 in 2017 to #2 in 2018. RBC was honoured with the #1 spot last year and retains top-10 status (#6) on this year's list.
Newcomers make up the remainder of the list, with companies like American Express (#3) Apotex (#15) and PepsiCo (#23).
- 19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- Multiple Mississauga-based companies make prestigious best employers list
- Report Ranks Canada's Top 25 Workplaces
- A Mississauga-Based Company is Now Part of the Top 50 Companies in Canada
- Boy dies after suffering medical episode while playing basketball in Milton
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Large Mississauga complex used by Bell sold in billion dollar deal
- You will now be rewarded for licencing your pet in Hamilton
- Former Mayor Hazel McCallion cautions Mississauga about renaming Dundas St.