Multiple COVID-19 cases reported, outbreak declared at long-term care home in Hamilton
Published July 19, 2021 at 2:33 am
Hamilton Public Health is reporting another long-term care home in Hamilton dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak.
An outbreak was declared on Friday, July 16 at Arbour Creek Long Term Care Centre’s Hawthorne Unit.
The home, located at King Street East and Nash Road South, currently has at least nine confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to public health data.
Seven of the cases are residents and the remaining two are staff.
“The health and wellbeing of our residents and staff continues to be our number one priority,” the home said in a statement about COVID-19.
The following safety measures are in place at Arbour Creek:
- Active screening of all residents and staff, at least twice daily
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Not allowing non-essential visitors
- Enhanced infection, cleaning, and sanitation protocols
- Single site staffing and weekly or bi-weekly testing for all staff
Arbour Creek is currently one of four outbreaks being reported in Hamilton, the other three being St. Joseph’s Villa, Duarte’s Supermarket, and Canadian Pacific Railway at 270 Gage Avenue South.
More information on all outbreaks is available at the city’s website.Insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies