Much Buzzed About Restaurant Officially Opens in Mississauga
Diners who love gyros, falafel, baklava, or delicious Middle Eastern or Mediterranean food in general will be excited to know that a very popular restaurant is just opened its doors Mississauga.
Back in March, the Halal Guys announced—to a great deal of fanfare—that they were about to open a brand new location in Mississauga.
Now, the ultra-popular Middle Eastern restaurant is open and serving customers.
It hosted a grand opening celebration on Friday, August 3 at its new Heartland Town Centre location.
This is the quick service brand's second location in the GTA, but it currently operates over 200 restaurants worldwide.
Originating in New York City in 1990, the Halal Guys quickly developed a cult-like following, attracting “around the block” lines to their food carts across Manhattan.
Operators say the red-and-yellow food carts are famous for generous servings of Middle Eastern dishes, and recognized worldwide for their white and hot sauces.
“It’s been an amazing experience opening The Halal Guys in Toronto and we are so excited to expand and become part of the Mississauga community as well,” said Imran Momin, co-owner of the franchises. “There is a tremendous appetite for halal food in the GTA and we look forward to continue to grow and share our food with even more foodies.”
More locations are expected to open in the not-too-distant future.
- Here’s When a Highly Anticipated Restaurant is Opening in Mississauga
- Renowned Middle Eastern Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- Brand New Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- 5 Big New Restaurant Openings of the Summer in Mississauga
- New restaurant specializing in unique Middle Eastern flatbread now open in Mississauga
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- Suspect on the run after early morning stabbing in Oakville