More 18+ vaccine clinics set to open in hot spot communities in Mississauga and Brampton
If you are 18 years of age or older and live in a "hot spot" community in Brampton or Mississauga, you could get a COVID-19 vaccine soon.
The Region of Peel just announced that Peel Vaxx Pop Ups will open in hard-hit communities throughout Peel starting this week.
The clinics will be located in the following places:
Brampton Islamic Centre
6 Lowry Dr., Brampton
April 30 - May 11
MAC Islamic Community Centre of Ontario
2550 Dunwin Dr., Mississauga
April 30 - May 11
The region says the pop-ups serve neighbourhoods and populations with higher rates of COVID-19 related deaths, hospitalization and transmission.
The region says the newest pop-ups will allow public health to boost vaccination efforts within the Muslim community during the month of Ramadan.
These clinics will deliver 14,000 doses.
Appointment bookings will be available for the clinics starting today. At this time, appointments are extremely limited.
Individuals over 18 who live in the following hot spot postal codes are invited to book an appointment once registration is available:
- L4T, L4W, L4X, L4Z
- L5A, L5B, L5C, L5K, L5L, L5M, L5N, L5R, L5V, L5W
- L6P, L6R, L6S, L6T, L6V, L6W, L6X, L6Y, L6Z
- L7A, L7C
Additional pop-ups serving hot spot communities will open throughout the month of May.
"We have now delivered almost 500,000 COVID-19 vaccines to the most vulnerable in our community, including 70 per cent of those over age 60," said Dr. Lawrence Loh, Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel Public Health, in a statement.
"We are thrilled to be enabled by vaccine supply to enhance our mobile clinic strategy and open new Peel Vaxx Pop Ups within neighbourhoods to reach our hardest-hit communities. By offering vaccination in trusted spaces close to home, in partnership with community groups and the provincial government, we will improve access to those with barriers."
Those who are eligible and able are encouraged to click here to book an appointment at Peel's 11 vaccination clinics. Vaccination is also available at select pharmacies and primary care providers across Peel for those age 40 and over.
- 13 more pop-up vaccination clinics planned for Brampton
- Mobile pop-up vaccination clinics coming to hotspot communities in Hamilton
- Region expands hours at mass vaccination sites in Brampton and Mississauga
- Details on what Ontario’s hot-spot vaccination plan looks like
- Additional mobile vaccination clinics popping-up in Hamilton 'hot spots'
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19 updates, vaccines and tickets - May 4, 2021
- Mississauga woman accused of abduction
- WANTED: Cops hunt four Brampton men on the run
- Police concerned for well-being of 29-year-old Mississauga woman